Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Platform.
It is your responsibility to keep us informed about any changes to your information and you have the right to request access to and correct personal information that we hold about you.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following information may be collected by or on behalf of Company:
- User profile: such as your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, contact information and preference, billing address, shipping address, and information necessary for answering any security questions. If you choose to enter a promotion or contest, we may gather information necessary for participation and awarding you with any award if confirmed, and to provide you marketing offers if you have agreed to receive these as part of your participation. If you are a user of our Ivy Charging Network Software we may collect your business address.
- Information about your electric vehicle (“EV”): such as EV make and model, VIN, license plate number, and EV location.
- Information about your charging: such as information on your driving preferences, for each charging session (for which a session number will be assigned) – start date and time, duration of charging session, charging power level (kW), total charging energy (total electricity consumed in kWh), 15-minute interval charging energy (kwh) charging loss (electricity lost due to charging efficiency in kWh), location of the charger where the charging session occurred.
- Information about your mobile device: such as electronic device information and hardware models, device IP addresses, log information, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Information about your transactions including financial information: such as details related to your account and your use of the Platform, including credit card or other payment methods (including the credit card number, expiration date and full name on the credit card), anonymized or masked credit or debit card numbers, including payment methods embedded in the mobile application such as mobile payment option, billing history, account status, account balance, frequency and size of transactions, specific products you buy, total amount of purchases per transaction, any discounts applied to your purchases, time and place of the purchases you make, account username and password.
- Information about use: such as information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type and preference of browser, web beacon and events, location information, storage information, battery information, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Information about feedback and inquiries: such as content and history of user feedback or inquiries of our services, and any other information obtained through correspondence with you on our Platform or via email.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Using our Platform. You may provide information to us by filling in forms or other correspondence using the “Ivy Charging Network” application or, This includes information you provide when registering for or using our services (including use of any radio-frequency identification card) or when you report a problem with our services. We may also collect information from you through email correspondence, surveys or other promotional materials, and maintain records and copies if you contact us. You may also provide us with financial information through use of the Platform.
- Automated Technologies. Information may be collected as you navigate through the Platform such as IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
- Use of Credit Card: When you use our credit card to pay for charging, please be informed that a third party payment provider will process your payment. IVY or its service providers will only store the last four digits of your credit card number, the expiration date and the security code.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Company uses the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve the services provided to you through the Platform. This includes using the information to:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you and to provide you with the services that you request from us through registering for the Platform.
- To manage your account and conclude a transaction (such as payment information).
- To administer and track the rewards, awards, and other products and services used or received by or made available to you in connection with our services, and to administer, maintain and improve our services.
- To communicate with you about our services, and to provide you with important information about products and services (including changes to services), to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- To provide you with appropriate customer service and support.
- To perform and analyze market surveys and marketing strategies.
- To detect and prevent fraud.
- To develop, administer, and communicate with you in relation to other products and services.
- To provide you with notices about your account and to carry out obligations arising from any contract with you, including billing and collection.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
We may also use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization or credit card processing and credit risk support) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy. Some of our third party service providers are based in the United States and accordingly, some of your information may be stored or processed in the United States.
- To our service provider Greenlots and its group of companies, including its parent company Royal Dutch Shell plc as necessary.
- To a third party in connection with the reorganization, sale or transfer of the Company’s business, which shall be subject to confidentiality obligations.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization or for credit card processing and credit risk support) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy. We may also transfer your information as part of a sale or reorganization of the Company.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage and processing.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may request access to your personal information, in order to ensure that it remains accurate and correct. We will respond as promptly as possible to all access requests, though you should allow a reasonable amount of time due to processing and administration requirements. Requests may be made to the contact identified below under “Contact Us”.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. We will apply security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making personal information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted on our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or maintain any information from any person under 16 years of age, and no part of our services or the Platform is communicated directly to any person under 16 years of age, except through a legal guardian.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.